Book a time for vaccination:
Vaccinations against coronavirus
Updated 13 January 2022
All coronavirus vaccinations are given at the sports venue Kokonhalli (Jääkiekkotie 3). The vaccination is voluntary and free of charge.
Walk in -vaccination (no appointment needed):
- Mon 17.1. 8.15–17
Tue 18.1. 8.15–17
Wed 19.1. 8.15–17
Thu 20.1. 8.15–17
Fri 21.1. 8.15–17
Sat 22.1. 8.15–15
How to make an appointment for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd shot
Please make the appointment preferably online. If the online booking is not possible, the appointment can be booked by phone. Please call the answering machine for the vaccine appointments: +358 40 145 5000.
- The answering machine speaks Finnish and Swedish. Instructions how to use it:After the first question push 1 (Finnish language).
- After the second question, push 1 (or if you want to cancel your time, push 3).
- After that you can hang up and wait to be called back.
- Please only call once and wait for the call back! When they call you back, you must provide the name and birthdate of the person to be vaccinated.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please call +358 40 145 5000.
Instructions when coming to the vaccination
- Please arrive at the earliest 10 minutes before the given time.
- After the vaccine there is a 15 minute follow-up time.
- You can be accompanied by one person if needed.
- If you have any symptoms of covid-19 or flu, please cancel your appointment by calling +358 40 145 5000.
- Wearing a face mask is strongly recommended.
- Keep distance and sanitize your hands.
If you have a question, please send us an email message to email@example.com
Coronavirus vaccinations at the moment
- For persons over 12 years old.
- For children aged 5 to 11 years who belong to risk groups: online booking is now possible and the vaccinations start 29 December 2021.
- For all children aged 5 to 11 years, the vaccinations will start after school holidays in early January 2022. Please read more information below on how to get the vaccination at school or make an appointment.
A parent or guardian can book the vaccination for a child if he or she does not have own bank ID or mobile certificate. A child may decide whether to take the vaccine if a health care professional considers him or her able to make the decision on the treatment based on his or her age and developmental phase. If not, the consent of all guardians is required.
More information on the vaccination of children 5 to 11 years
COVID-19 vaccination for 5–11-year-old children who do not belong to any risk groups will start in Porvoo right after school holidays in January 2022. The Finnish government issued the respective decree 22 December 2021. The vaccine is BioNTech-Pfizer Comirnaty with a smaller dose particularly intended for children in this age group.
A mobile vaccination team of the City of Porvoo will provide the vaccination at schools to children on classes 1–6 starting from the 17 January 2022 on. An exact timetable to be confirmed and informed via Wilma. Healthcare professionals will be in place to follow-up.
The child must have a written consent from guardians to receive the vaccination. No booking is required but if you wish your children to receive the vaccination at school, please notify the school nurse via Wilma.
In addition to schools, 5–11-year-old children can receive the vaccination at the sports venue Kokonhalli (Jääkiekkotie 3). How to make an appointment for that will be informed later, but the vaccination will be provided on following days by appointment only: Tuesday 11 January, Friday 14 January, Tuesday 18 January, Friday 21 January and Tuesday 25 January.
Rescheduling the 2nd shot
You can now get your second shot of the coronavirus vaccine earliest 6 weeks after your first shot. Persons who got the second shot less than six weeks after the first shot can book a third shot earliest six months after the second shot. Please reschedule your second shot online: Bookcovidvaccine.fi3rd shot is availabe for following groups in Porvoo.
The 3rd shot
For severely immunocompromised individuals
Severely immunocompromised individuals can receive the 3rd shot 2 months after the 2nd shot. According to the THL guidelines, this group includes the following diseases and conditions:
- organ transplant
- stem cell transplant
- severe to moderate congenital immunodeficiency
- immunosuppressive cancer treatment
- treatment of autoimmune diseases with immunosuppressive biologics or JAK inhibitors
- dialysis and severe chronic renal failure
- advanced or untreated HIV
- other severe immunosuppressive conditions as assessed by a physician.
For 60-year and older & for medical high-risk groups
These persons can receive the 3rd shot 3-4 months after the 2nd shot.
For all at the age of 18-59 years
These persons can receive the 3rd shot 4-6 months after the 2nd shot.
Questions about the third shot? Watch the video below.
A certificate to prove your coronavirus vaccination, latest coronavirus test result and passed coronavirus disease is available online in Omakanta and can also be printed. Vaccination data shows in Omakanta within approximately one week from the vaccination date.
If you have no user credentials to Omakanta, you can pick up the certificate from Näsi Health Centre. Please call 040 145 5000 to request for the certificate. There is a callback service.
If your vaccination data is missing in Omakanta and you need the certificate, please call the number above. Kindly avoid unnecessary calls regarding the certificate unless you really need it for travel or something. The issues with the data transfer are on the national level and they are working on it.