Using a face mask
How to wear a face mask
- Put the mask on before entering a school, youth centre or another public facility. Only take the mask off after leaving the facility.
- If you are using public transport, also wear the mask during the trip.
- Put the mask on your face tightly.
- Your hands must be clean when you are putting the mask on or taking it off. This is why you should carry hand sanitiser with you.
- Put the mask on and take it off by holding it by the straps.
- Place the mask on your face so that it covers your mouth, nose and chin.
- Do not touch the mask or move it when wearing it.
- Always store the masks in a clean place. You can keep them in a clean plastic bag, for example.
- Keep enough masks with you to last your entire trip. It is good to keep a few spare masks with you.
- Washable fabric masks can be used multiple times. Take care of the mask’s cleanliness. Clean the mask by washing it in a laundry machine at 60 degrees Celsius. Alternatively, you can boil it with a small amount of laundry detergent for 5 minutes. After washing, rinse the mask and let it dry in an airy space.
- A disposable mask (a surgical mask) must be put in a bin after a single use. We recommend that you change your disposable mask if it gets wet.
Porvoo residents with low income will receive two washable fabric face masks free of charge. Face masks are given at distribution points to those residents who ask for them and who feel they cannot buy the masks themselves due to their financial situation. You do not need to prove your income or provide other information.
Masks are distributed during customer visits:
Omenamäki service center, entrance hall
Mon-Fri 12.30 - 1.30 pm
Mon-Fri 8 am to 3 pm
Taidetehtaankatu 4 C, 3rd floor
WSOY House, Adult Social Work
Mon-Fri noon to 3 pm
Mannerheiminkatu 20 E, 2nd floor
Service center for young people Ohjaamo (Mannerheiminkatu 20 E) and masks are also available at all youth service locations.
You can stop coronavirus infections by following the safety instructions
- Take care of good hand hygiene and coughing hygiene
- Wear a face mask
- Keep a safe distance of 2 metres
- If you are ill, stay home
- Do not go to public places, school or work if you have any symptoms
- Book a coronavirus test even if your symptoms are mild