Pop up -distribution of face masks this week in Gammelbacka and Kevätkumpu
The City of Porvoo is handing out face masks made of fabric in Kevätkumpu on December 10th and in Gammelbacka on December 11th at 4 pm–6 pm.
– Our goal is to reach those who can’t travel to the city centre to pick up masks that Porvoo provides for people with low income, Annika Immonen says.
Annika Immonen is the service director for social services for adults in Porvoo.
She adds that Porvoo also wants to reach those who don’t follow the city’s usual information channels. A hygienic nurse, people from the city’s youth services and immigrant services are participating in the pop up -event.
– We can give you advice on how to use the face mask correctly and information on other things you can do to stop the spreading of the corona virus. We want to reach people of all ages and language groups in Porvoo.
Everyone who feels that they are in need of a mask will get one.
– We won’t check your personal information or your economic situation, Immonen says. It’s up to you to decide if your incomes are low and if you need our masks.
The event continues for as long as we have masks to hand out. We keep a safe distance and apply good hand hygiene. Please stay home if you feel ill, even if your symptoms are mild.
Pop up -distribution of face masks 4 pm–6pm
- Thursday Dec 10th: Kantele-house in Kevätkumpu
- Friday Dec 11th: Gammelbacka shopping centre