Information about Coronavirus COVID-19
The City of Porvoo is reducing and stopping its operations and services under the official national instructions and the regulations of the Emergency Powers Act.
Information about the coronavirus and preventive measures
What should I do if I suspect an infection?
If you have the symptoms of a mild respiratory infection, such as runny nose, cough, sore throat, muscle pains or fever, stay at home and contact the Porvoo respiratory infection clinic by telephone. Do not arrive without calling!
In the daytime
All patients with a severe respiratory infection must call the phone numbers reserved for coronavirus guidance. These phone services direct the patients to the infection clinic as needed.
Respiratory infection clinic and information
- Patients received by appointment only. The clinic is open Mon-Thu 8 am-6 pm, Fri 8 am-5 pm, Sat, Sun and holidays 9 am-1 pm
- The clinic is intended for all patients in Porvoo who have a respiratory infection and whose symptoms are so severe that self-care at home is not sufficient.
- The clinic is located in the ‘X-ray corridor’ of the Näsi health station. Enter through the automatic doors of doorway C. Take the elevator to the lowest floor.
- For information and appointments call Mon-Thu 8 am-3.30 pm, Fri 8 am-2.30 pm: +358 40 547 7764 or +358 40 481 0344.
Evenings and weekends
If your symptoms are so severe that you cannot manage them at home, call the emergency line of the HUS area: 116 117.
The national helpline provides general information about the coronavirus. The number is +358 2 95 535 535 The helpline is primarily intended for people who are unable to search for information on the internet. The helpline is available on weekdays from 8 am to 9 pm and on Saturdays from 9 am to 3 pm. Please note that the helpline does not provide health guidance or instructions in case of acute symptoms.
Corona testing point in Porvoo
A drive-in testing service for the coronavirus operates in the Näsi health centre. Despite its name, the service is available by appointment only. It serves the entire eastern Uusimaa region.
The service operates as follows:
- Patients are referred to tests by appointment by a communicable disease doctor.
- The communicable disease doctors in the municipalities in the area and the hospital’s infection doctor will provide the service point with information concerning the person coming in for testing over the telephone.
- The nurse at the sampling point will book the appointment and contact the customer.
- The customer will arrive at the sampling point by car and call when they have arrived.
- The sample is taken inside the vehicle, which is driven partly inside the garage. This way, the identity of the person being sampled can be protected.
- The samples are then provided to HUSLAB laboratories for analysis.
- The results will be sent to the nurse who made the laboratory referral at Näsi.
- The customer is notified of a negative result (= normal sample) by text message.
- Positive results are reported to the doctor who made the referral. The doctor will then contact the patient.
More information and guidelines:
The City of Porvoo follows the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and operates according to national and regional guidelines. We advise our residents and visitors to follow the the guidelines of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL).
Effects on the City of Porvoo’s operations
Most of the services of The City of Porvoo are operating again but some services are reduced.
You can find current information about the City’s services on this page, which is updated regularly.
Information for visitors
Museums and galleries are mainly open. Shops in Old Porvoo are open and most of the restaurants. Cruises will start operating after midsummer. Hotels and other accommodation places are open.
You can check opening hours for companies and sights on our calendar.