Effects on the City of Porvoo’s operations
Thre were many changes in the operations in the City's service due to Covid-19. The situation is now calm and most of the services are operating normally, considering coronainstructions and summer timetables.
On this page the most essential changes are listed.
Help for people over 70, risk groups and those in quarantine
If you are at home in quarantine, over 70 years of age or otherwise at risk and need help with shopping or food aid, you can ask for help by calling these numbers:
- FRC Porvoo branch volunteers, tel. +358 40 757 1236.
- Counselling and service guidance for families with children +358 40 673 5882 (Mon–Fri 9 am–3 pm)
- Adult social work emergency service, tel. +358 40 162 6343 (Mon–Fri 9 am–3 pm)
- Ruori, guidance for older people, +358 40 676 1414 (Mon–Fri 9 am–3 pm)
- East Uusimaa social service helps with emergency food aid during evenings and weekends, +358 40 517 4194
- Immigrant services, tel. +358 40 136 3669 (Mon–Fri 9 am–3 pm) Service in Finnish, Swedish, Arabic, English and French.
Many stores also have separate opening hours and services for those at risk.
Most unurgent matters are postponed as urgent matters are a priority. From June 1st some services are starting to open up. Contact by calling or electronic services are preferred.
Non-urgent dental care and health centre appointments will not be booked yet.
The HUS X-ray unit at Näsi health centre will be dedicated to infection imaging. Other X-rays will be taken at Porvoo Hospital.
Respiratory infection clinic and information
- Call for information and appointments
- Mon-Thu 8 am–3:30 pm, Fri 8 am–3 pm +358 40 547 7764, +358 40 481 0344 or
- Sat–Sun 8 am–1 pm: +358 40 547 7764.
- Patients received by appointment Mon-Thu 8 am–3:30 pm, Fri 8 am–3 pm, Sat–Sun 9 am–1 pm
- Intended for all patients in Porvoo who have a respiratory infection. Call first and you will be directed to tests and/or appropriate care.
- Located on the ‘X-ray corridor’ of Näsi health centre. Enter through the automatic doors of doorway C. Take the elevator to the lowest floor.
Do not enter the premises without calling first!
Corona testing point in Porvoo
A drive-in testing service for the coronavirus has started in the Näsi health centre. Despite its name, the service is available by appointment only. It serves the entire eastern Uusimaa region.
Samples are taken on weekdays between 8 am and 4 pm. The opening hours will be expanded when necessary.
The service operates as follows:
- Patients are referred to tests by appointment by a communicable disease doctor.
- The communicable disease doctors in the municipalities in the area and the hospital’s infection doctor will provide the service point with information concerning the person coming in for testing over the telephone.
- The nurse at the sampling point will book the appointment and contact the customer.
- The customer will arrive at the sampling point by car and call when they have arrived.
- The sample is taken inside the vehicle, which is driven partly inside the garage. This way, the identity of the person being sampled can be protected.
- The samples are then provided to HUSLAB laboratories for analysis.
- The results will be sent to the nurse who made the laboratory referral at Näsi.
- The customer is notified of a negative result (= normal sample) by text message.
- Positive results are reported to the doctor who made the referral. The doctor will then contact the patient.
Non-urgent dental care appointments are mainly cancelled. Some non-urgent, but necessary appointments can be scheduled. The oral health care services will contact the patients that can be treated.
During evenings and weekends, emergency care is available at Haartman Hospital in Helsinki. Always call the appointment service on +358 9 4717 1110 before seeking emergency care. Open weekdays 2–9 pm, weekends and public holidays 8 am–9 pm.
Families and maternity and child health clinics
The activities of the birth control and family planning clinic will be reduced. Telephone service and bookings on weekdays 12 noon–1.30 pm on +358 19 520 4375. Free contraceptives are handed out by appointment.
The health examinations for children and expecting mothers are opening step by step. The family center provides examinations for infants and expecting mothers, and the examinations for 1,5-year-olds and 4-year-olds are continued.
Visitation is still not allowed at all service homes and the wards of the Näsi rehabilitation centre.
Urgent social work is secured by centralising social welfare staff and cancelling non-urgent appointments.
The supervised and supported parent-child meetings and supervised exchanges of the family law services in East Uusimaa are using special arrangements by agreement with the family law services and their clients.
The helpline of social work for families with children is open on weekdays 9 am–3 pm, tel. +358 40 673 5882. The electronic help service is available around the clock. Reach out if a family with children is in a worrying situation or needs help in its everyday life.
No new clients will be accepted for rehabilitative work activities for the time being. Service by phone or electronically.
Counselling and support
The East Uusimaa social service provides counselling and support should the coronavirus situation cause concern for your and your loved ones’ well-being and safety. The social service helpline does not provide health advice.
Non-urgent appointments for companion animals will not be available, and some of the appointments already booked will be cancelled. The veterinarian will call the owner of the animal if the time is cancelled.
The movement of people at veterinary clinics will be restricted. Sales of feed and supplies at veterinary clinics will be suspended.
The aim is to offer health care for farm animals and emergency veterinary care for companion animals as normal. Some clinics may be closed from time to time.
Environmental Health Services
Youth workers and Ohjaamo are on call
The Porvoo Youth Services and the youth counselling and guidance centre Ohjaamo are on-call online while the youth facilities and locations are closed. The youth workers are available every day to help and support young people through online youth work on the internet, on various social media channels, and through online games. See the Youth Services Instagram and Facebook accounts for updated information.
Customer service and advice
The City’s other customer service points also provide services by telephone and electronically.
Information for visitors
Museums and galleries are mainly open. Shops in Old Porvoo are open and most of the restaurants. Cruises will start operating after midsummer. Hotels and other accommodation places are open.
You can check opening hours for companies and sights on our calendar.