Early childhood education
The City of Porvoo offers pre-school children a wide range of early childhood education services. Parents can choose from the following child care options:
- The child may be cared for at home. If there is a child below the age of 3 in the family, you may apply for home care support. Children and their families can use open early childhood education services without losing their home care allowance.
- The child may be cared for in municipal early childhood education in day care center or family day care.
- The child may be cared for in private day care centre approved by the municipality. The child is given the service voycher.
- The child may be cared for in municipality approved private family day care or by a person who is employed by the family. The child is given private care support.
You may enquire about day care places from service coordinators
If the the child doesn't have a social security number yet and must apply for daycare:
- Paper application available in Service center Kompassi
Early childhood education services contact details:
Sivistystoimisto (Education Office)
Open Mon-Fri 9am-3pm
Contact information for income statements